Main Menu
Contact Information

Diane S. Baker, Esquire
27 South Arlene Street
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Phone: (717) 671-9600
Fax: (717) 671-9601

Child Custody

Harrisburg Child Custody Attorney

Protecting the Child’s Best Interests

Throughout the course of handling cases involving children, I always keep the best interest of the child in mind.  My goal is to create a custody agreement that allows the child(ren) to see both parents as much as possible, if at all appropriate.  It is also important that both parents be involved in major decisions affecting their child’s life.

I encourage clients to work custody issues out with the other parent if at all possible, especially at the time of initial separation.  This should be the first step towards an effective long term co-parenting arrangement and it minimizes costs, time, and most importantly additional stress on the children.  It also allows the parents and not the court system to determine the best arrangement for their family, instead of having one imposed upon them.  However, I understand that there will be times when parents cannot work together, especially when there are allegations of neglect or substance abuse. If an agreement cannot be reached, I zealously advocate for my client through the conciliation process and in court if necessary.  Contact my Harrisburg office today for more information on how I can help you with your child custody issues.

Modifications and Enforcement

I also represent clients seeking to modify or enforce existing custody orders.  As the children get older their needs oftentimes change and the custodial arrangement that was appropriate for a pre-school child may not be suitable for a high school student.  Likewise, parents lives often change and modifications to accommodate work schedule changes or even a request to relocate out of state for a new job or other opportunity, are commonplace.  If you are unable to reach an agreement with the other parent I can help you file for a modification of your custody agreement.  Or if you and the other parent have an agreement I can prepare the necessary documents to formalize the agreement into a court order.

If the other parent of your child is seeking to relocate or is otherwise not abiding by the custody order I can help you initiate contempt proceedings to enforce the original custody agreement.  I also assist people throughout the Harrisburg area with divorce and other family law issues.

I believe in working with my clients to secure the best possible outcome for them and their children.  I am committed to returning all phone calls within the business day if at all possible.  I offer an initial consultation at the reduced rate of $100. Flexible payment arrangements and appointment times are available for your convenience.

Contact the Law Office of Diane S. Baker, Esquire today to set up to meet with me personally about your child custody and other family law questions.